En attendant d'avoir leur propre imprimante, les filles me confient leur travail à imprimer ... du coup, je jette un oeil ... et qu'est ce que j'ai trouvé ??? Le texte suivant ... (copié avec l'accord de l'intéressée)


    SOCIAL ORGANISATION

Officially, my parents are the heads of the family. My father likes to think that he’s in control. In my opinion, my mom is the true head of the family. He isn’t at home very often, because his job requires a lot of his time. She stopped working full-time after I was born. She made the choice to stay at home to raise her children. My older sister and I are referred to as the older kids. We’re expected to be responsible. My younger siblings are the little kids. My older sister and I probably hold more influence over our parents. This is a picture of my family




CUSTOMS AND TRADITIONS

One of the key customs on my family is having meals together. This has a lot to do from the country I come from. When I ask my friends questions about who they eat lunch and dinner with, they say they usually just eat by themselves. They take something from their fridge, and then go eat it in their corner. Some of my friends even go to their rooms. I’m not ever allowed to do that. In my family, as it is in most French families, we eat three course lunch and dinners all together at a table. 

RELIGION
My family is a Catholic. We have deeply religious roots. My grandma has a degree in Bible study. She teaches it in a theoretical way. The older generations in my family firmly believe in God and Jesus. However, I think we are very liberal Catholics. Religion isn’t a huge part of our daily lives. I prefer Church services in France. Also, my generation of the family does ask itself a lot of questions about God, and about our religion. We’re all very scientific. We think politics and religion should not mix in any way. 

Type of gouvernement
I’m from France. Like the U.S., France is a democratic government. Because we are only legal residents of the United States, my parents only get to vote in France. French government leans more to the left than American government, making it a more socialist state. This means that the government is more present in people’s daily lives. Health care and retirement are more enforced, etc. The picture above is a stylized French flag. Underneath, there’s our slogan: Freedom, Equality, Solidarity.

ART and LITTERATURE
In my family, there’s a big obsession for a very famous piece of literature: Harry Potter. My older sister and I love the series. I’ve read all of the books at least 8 times, and I’ve seen the movies more times than I can count it. I’ve grown up with these books, and it does affect my writing style and imagination. I’ve encouraged many of my friends to read the series. I’ve also gotten my little sister started on them. My mom read the three first books. This is a picture of the English cover of the 1st book.

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Les 6 GIMASCG © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top